I had my IUD taken out october 3 and started having sex after 2 day for about a week straight I have beenreally tired for about a week and pretty crabby. I had the IUD for 8 yrs and figured it would take a while

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I am assuming you are asking if you could be pregnant.
If this is not the question please re-post. The iud prevents the egg and spem from meeting, and also causes changes in the uterus which makes fertilization almost impossible. When the iud is removed these two functions are lost thus making the woman susceptible to becoming pregnant. Be aware that a woman can become pregnant within the first month of removing the iud. A pregnancy test can be done one week before your missed period(early prediction test) or can be done sooner via a blood test ordered by your doctor. Good luck.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis