How will body wrap affect my psoriasis? I want to undergo a body wrap treatment to eliminate toxins and possibly lose some weight. I have quite severe psoriasis which gets worse during hot weather. What will be the effect of the procedure on my skin? I am

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Psoriasis

Have you discussed this with your dermatologist? This would be the first person to discuss this with since they know the severity of your psoriasis, what exacerbates your skin, what it takes to calm it down.

In brief: Psoriasis

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: It

It is important that you discuss your concerns with the practitioner who will provide the body wrap treatment.
You may be happy to know that the thermal effects of body wrap treatments can prove to be soothing for patients who suffer from psoriasis and other skin conditions, and the detoxifying agents used may decrease the severity of psoriasis. Some people actually undergo body wrap treatments specifically to treat skin conditions.

In brief: It

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge