Will a body lift make me lose sensation of my skin and will it be permanent? I just lost a significant amount of weight. I would like to have a body lift done to remove some excess skin in my abdominal region. A friend told me that this can cause me to lo

It might. Any time there is an incision there is the possibility of numbness or changes in skin sensation. Sometimes it is temporary due to sensory nerve damage, but a complete loss at the incision site is common in all types of plastic surgery. https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/body-lift/safety
Best wishes!
Sensation loss. It is possible that there may be some permanent sensation loss around the incision sites. I have never had a patient who found that uncomfortable or of any concern.
After . After a tummy tuck or lower body lift, it is not uncommon to have a permanent change in sensation to the lower abdomen. The degree of change tends to be related to the amount "stretching" or mobilization of remaining skin. The same is true of the outer thighs after a body lift. Lipoabdominoplasty (abdominal liposuction followed by skin removal) and body lifts that are combined torso liposuction followed by excess skin removal may provide one with optimal sensation due to preservation of the blood supply and nerves to much of the stretched abdominal skin.