What can I take for severe panic disorder but im 3 months pregnant I have asthma I am 3 months pregnant and i suffer from really bad panic attacks i don't no what to do since im pregnant I have them every day constantly please help

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Unfortunately

Unfortunately this an issue that you, your psychiatrist, and OB will have to discuss and weigh all your options.
The medications that are typically used for the treatment of panic attacks are class c drugs, this means that these drugs have not been studied in humans, and have possibly shown some adverse effects in animal studies. A doctor or medical team may decide that the benefits when given these drugs outweigh the potential risk to the fetus, then they are prescribed. Daily panic attacks seem like a justifiable reason to go ahead and begin medical treatment, however your medical team has more information about you and your history and can make a better decision regarding this. Good luck.

In brief: Unfortunately

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: Must treat

1. Ssri- may need to start low with this disorder, say 25 mg or Mirtazapine 15 mg at bedif nausea.
Sleeping? Clonazepam 1 mg at night, low risk after 10 weeks, may use 1 mg in daytime. If used judiciously, will not result in " floppy baby" or withdrawel. See mass gen women's psych website.Higher risk with the uncont anxiety than meds. Try to stay <3mg on clon. Daily, ob's not good with psych see1.

In brief: Must treat

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman