Pain and swelling in my left wrist and palm numbing fingers severely traveling up left arm rapidly. Am 58, female, severely anemic, rheumatoid factor should be 1.40 is 175. This pain is so intense it hurts to breathe at times. My fingers are throbing yet

Dr. Richard Perlman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: ?Carpal tunnel?

There are a number of possibilities ranging from a pinched nerve in your neck to a compressed nerve in your wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome).
With this combination of problems, you should be evaluated by your doctor who can refer you to the proper specialists.

In brief: ?Carpal tunnel?

Dr. Richard Perlman
Dr. Richard Perlman
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: You

You likely have carpal tunnel syndrome.
Based on your descrition your condition is surgical. Conservative care is not likely to help.

In brief: You

You likely have carpal tunnel syndrome.
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology