How soon after breast augmentation can I go on a vacation to hawaii?

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Be Safe
It would be best to be geographically close to your plastic surgeon for a minimum of two weeks following breast augmentation.
If a problem should arise, you would want to be able to obtain treatment quickly from the surgeon who treated you as opposed to someone in a different state who doesn't know exactly what was done and how. Be conservative, especially with this investment in your health.

In brief: Be Safe
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Very thoughtful answer and best to wait at least 10 days before flying.
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Usually two weeks
Most complications have manifested themselves by this time but check with your surgeon.

In brief: Usually two weeks
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: When surgeon approve
It really depends on the technique and the surgeon.
Even if you could go on vacation, the next question would be what activities would you be permitted to do. You may be allowed to travel the next day but what food would it be to sit in your hotel room all day. I would recommend a minimum of 6 weeks.

In brief: When surgeon approve
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: 7-10 days
I would wait for at least a week or two so that you have at least one post op visit and make sure everything is ok.

In brief: 7-10 days
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends on type
Depending on the type of implant and its approach made to place it (i.
e. Periareolar, armpit, under breast) and whether it is on top of, or under the muscle. It is usual to wait a couple of weeks before swimming or strongly using your arms.

In brief: Depends on type
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Soon
Most people can perform essential activities the next day.
Normal activity is usually at 1-2 weeks.

In brief: Soon
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. William Adams
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Vacation after aug
I would go the next day! seriously, i would allow at least two weeks to make sure you feel your best to enjoy the vacation.
Every patient is different and you doctor will help you decide.

In brief: Vacation after aug
Dr. William Adams
Dr. William Adams
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
In brief: 2 weeks
Minimum 4-6 better.

In brief: 2 weeks
Minimum 4-6 better.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto