How severe is the pain of a facelift?

Should be mild. Your facial plastic surgeon can give you details on what to expect, but the discomfort is usually mild and relatively short lived. Severe pain, especially if associated with swelling, after facelift may be sign of a serious problem and you should report this to your surgeon asap.
Pain after Facelift. One of the great things about performing facial plastic surgery is that there is generally little pain. In fact if a patient complains of a lot of pain, it makes the surgeon suspicious of developing a hematoma.
Minimal. In my experience of over 1000 facelifts, patients have only mild to moderate "discomfort" which is not your typical "incisional" style of pain after most types of surgery. With a facelift, there is some regional numbness that is temporary and helps keep pain at a minimum. Most of my patients take prescription strength pain medication for 1-2 days and then switch to plain tylenol (acetaminophen). Hope this helps!
Facelift recovery. Many of my patients who underwent a facelift by a plastic surgeon have not mentioned pain as a signficant factor. Usually it is the swelling and bruising that upsets them and this can be minimal in some people. The tightness lessens and feels more comfortable soon after the procedure.
Shouldn't be bad. Postop facelift pain should be easily controlled with something like vicodin. If it is not, you need to contact your surgeon, as this may signify a complication such as postoperative bleeding.
Minimal. There is very little discomfort associated with face lifting procedures. Most patients will experience some neck tightness, but this quickly resolves.
Very mild. Most patients are pleasantly surprised at the relatively modest discomfort they experience following facelift. In fact, many patients will take only tylenol (acetaminophen) or nothing at all following the procedure. Severe pain is so unusual as to suggest a complicaton such as bleeding and should be brought to attention of your surgeon right away.
Pain of a facelift? Hello, While pain is concern, in my patient's experience, this is not an issue. Most patients that receive medication for pain after surgery do not use this medication. They take over the counter Tylenol (acetaminophen). A great deal depends on how the doctor preforms the procedure and how many other procedures you have at the same time as your facelift. But, why are you considering a facelift at 34?
Facelift pain. During surgery, a facelift surgeon uses local anesthesia to control pain. As this wears off, the patient may experience some pain but this experience varies between patients. Some people require narcotic pain relievers after surgery while others only need over the counter products.
Facelift pain. Most of my facelift patients never use a pain pill and almost never complain of pain as a concern of their recovery. The majority use a little tylenol (acetaminophen) extra strength and some ice packs for a few days. Overall a very minimally painful surgery.
Facelift not painful. Facelift if done properly is not painful but more uncomfortable. Most patients find it to be a sensation of tightness and uncomfortable to find a good sleeping position the first night because of the bulky dressing. Obviously the pain tolerance varies for individuals. After the first 24 hours there is minimal need for strong pain medications.
Minimal. Facelifts in our facility complain of very little discomfort. There is a tightening sensation felt in the neck area following surgery, but this relaxes quickly over the first week. Abject surgical pain, however, is very uncommon as a complaint.
Mild. Should be mild. Most patients complain of the swelling and bruising.
Not severe at all. Facelift operations are not very painful. Facelifts are more likely to be associated with temporary numbness in certain locations such as around the ears, in the scalp and under the chin.
Mild. Pain after facelift surgery depends on the pain threshold that each person has. Be realistic with your interpretation of pain. Generally pain should be mild to intermediate and be helped by the pain medication. Extreme swelling with pain and hardness of an area will require you to call your surgeon for an evaluation as soon as possible.
Not too painful. Facelift is more uncomfortable than painful. In fact your face will likely be numb for a few months after surgery. Swelling and bruising are often worse than pain. These last two resolve rather quickly (2-3 wks).
Swelling not pain. Most of my patients don't really complain of pain after a facelift, but the swelling is always a concern. Prescription pain meds for a few days and then otc works very well.
Not severe. As facelift is the movement of skin and soft tissue only the associated post operative pain is not typically severe.
Tolerable. Although every one varies in their response, most facelift patients tolerate the procedure with mild to moderate pain. Most dislike the initial compression garments worn for the first 24 hours, if employed. Some even are more bothered by the numbness in front of the ears.
Depends. A life style lift can be quite painless. Some patients report no pain at all. Some swelling and bruising is natural and expected. A deep facelift in the other hand can be quite painful for several days.
Depends. Pain is relative. However, most patients who undergo facelift do not report severe pain.