Could i be having a heart attack? This morning, out of the blue, my right arm was sore. As the day progressed the arm has gotten more and more painful - stabbing pain that radiates up towards my shoulder and neck. I have not done anything unusual in terms

Dr. Alan Hendin

In brief: Symptoms

Symptoms of a heart attack are "classically" described as a pressure, heaviness or tightness on, or in the chest, and may be accompanied by shortness of breath, nausea, sweating, arm pain (usually left), neck pressure or discomfort, or none of the above.
Women may be more likely to have unusual symptoms, such as shortness of breath alone, or unusual abdominal pains or breathing difficulties. Your right arm symptoms can be from a pinched nerve in the neck or armpit, and compromised nerve in the wrist area (known as "carpal tunnel syndrome"), or compromised blood flow to the arm. It is not easy to connect your back pain with the arm pain; but occasionally neck (or "cervical spine") impingements on the spinal cord nerves can cause pains to upper back, neck area, or arms. A complete history and examination with your primary health provider is the best idea to get to the bottom of this problem.

In brief: Symptoms

Dr. Alan Hendin
Dr. Alan Hendin
Dr. Pareena Bilkoo
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Heart attack

Your symptoms are concerning.
If you have on going symptoms please go to the nearest er. If not please call your pcp and see him/her asap.

In brief: Heart attack

Your symptoms are concerning.
Dr. Pareena Bilkoo
Dr. Pareena Bilkoo
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology