How long will I be off work after breast augmentation?

Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends on work

Heavy lifting and exertion are commonly to be avoided for the first couple of weeks.
If that is not part of your work, then several days to return to full, normal daily activities. Common sense in listening to your body is important, and you should carefully follow your surgeon's recommendations which will be based on your personal case and situation.

In brief: Depends on work

Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Greg Sexton
We used to tell patients to take a week off, but now with early motion exercises and NSAID's, most patients can return to a clerical job in 24-48 hours.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Time off work

For sedentary jobs, most of my patients will take 1 week off of work whereas those with more strenous work may take any wihere from 2 weeks from to 2 weeks orpor 10 years ago.

In brief: Time off work

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not long

Under the muscle takes longer, but subglandular implants require almost no time off of work- no matter what your job is!

In brief: Not long

Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Maybe one week

Breast augmentation is not terribly painful.
Pain thresholds vary from person to person. You likely would not want to go to work for the first three to seven days after breast augmentation.

In brief: Maybe one week

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 1-2 weeks

It takes most patients 1-2 weeks to return to regular activity.

In brief: 1-2 weeks

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends.

Most patients who undergo breast augmentation are able to return to a “desk job” 5 to 7 days subsequently.
Those patients who have more physically demanding jobs require a longer period of time away from work. I ask my patients to avoid heavy lifting/strenuous activity for 4 weeks after the procedure. Driving should wait until patients are off of medications ; can respond to an emergency safely.

In brief: Depends.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Timothy King
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Usually a few days

It depends on you, what kind of work you do and your surgeon's person preferences.
I would talk to a board certified plastic surgeon to get a specific recommendation for youself.

In brief: Usually a few days

Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Timothy King