How long should I wait to be sexually active after a breast reduction?

Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: 2 weeks
Length of time is as variable as the individual patients having breast reduction.
With average cases, resumption of reasonable sexual activity will be able to start within two weeks.

In brief: 2 weeks
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Samuel Rosenthal
I prefer a wait of 6 weeks to allow for more mature wound healing
Dr. Robert Stroup
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: It's up to you
You can return to sexual activity (gently and excluding the breasts) whenever you feel up to it.
Recovery from a 3 hour procedure, discomfort, and the use of pain medications will significantly reduce any interest in sexual activity. The patient should pay attention to her body's signals, and she will know when she is ready, with the above limitations. About 1 month for sex with no restrictions.

In brief: It's up to you
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. Michael Beckenstein
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: 4 to 6 weeks
I perform close to 200 breast reductions a year. The complication rates are low and often activity related .
Inhave seen a patient return to surgery three weeks after her reduction due to sexual activity. It isvavrare event but a good surgeon learns from experience.

In brief: 4 to 6 weeks
Dr. Michael Beckenstein
Dr. Michael Beckenstein
Dr. Archibald Miller
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Healing time
It is generally recognized that it takes one full month for your tissues to mend to 75 percent, and 90 days to heal to their maximal amount of 85 percent.
Thus, i usually recommend one month.

In brief: Healing time
Thus, i usually recommend one month.
Dr. Archibald Miller
Dr. Archibald Miller
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Common sense
Usually 5-7 days is adequate, but remember to use common sense and take it easy.

In brief: Common sense
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery