Can artefill be used to treat all the wrinkles on my face? I have crows' feet around my eyes and deep laugh lines that go from my nose to the corners of my lips. I wanted to get artefill injections because i heard that they are one of the longest-lasting

Dr. Tal Dagan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: I

I agree with the previous answer, artefill is a long lasting filler that is best reserved for deeper type wrinkles or concavities in the face like the nasolabial folds (the lines running form the side of the nose to the side of the mouth.
Artefill is used off label however for the depression under the eye (tear trough deformity) very judiciously and conservatively and less frequently for any superficial lines. It is best to keep in mind that with artefill, it is exceedingly difficult to treat lumps and bumps that may occur as side effect any filler treatment (rare) as opposed to reversible fillers like juvederm. Nromally the crow's feet on the horizontal and oblique lines that jut out on the sides of the eyes are indeed treatable with Botox as that is the most effective treatment. In general, many of the lines you can create by moving your face in any type of expression are treatable with Botox - ask your cosmetic surgeon more about the types of treatments that are appropriate for each complaint you may have.

In brief: I

Dr. Tal Dagan
Dr. Tal Dagan
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Generally

Generally speaking, fillers are not the ideal choice for treating wrinkles in the crow’s feet area because of the unique characteristics of the skin in this area.
These wrinkles are best treated either with botulinum toxin (botox, dysport) or laser resurfacing (full or fractional), depending on the severity. However, Restylane (dermal fillers) (or similar hyaluronic acid fillers) can be used with caution, in small amounts, in conjunction with botox, to reduce superficial fine lines in this area. Artefill is a synthetic dermal filler intended for deep dermal injections. If injected in this area, there is a high likelihood of uneven appearance of the skin, which will be cosmetically unacceptable. As for the smile line between the nose and angle of the mouth, artefill can be considered a suitable filler, although some doctors avoid using it because of the possibility of product migration over time. Click sculptra, juvederm, radiesse for information on other fillers.

In brief: Generally

Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Artefill

Artefill is a non-resorbable filler that can be used to improve creases and wrinkles on the face.
It is fda approved to correct nasolabial folds but it is often used off-label to treat other areas of the face as well. Due to the thin skin and risk of nodule formation it generally is not recommended that artefill be used around the eyes though. Fillers such as Restylane (dermal fillers) and juvderm can be used around the eyes in the right situations. The crows feet can also be treated with a medication such as Botox which acts upon the muscles in area around the eyes.

In brief: Artefill

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti