Does aquamid injectable filler have a long safety history in the united states? I am middle-aged woman. I was researching aquamid injectable filler online for for lip augmentation on my wrinkled and thin upper lip. I found that it was used more extensivel

Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not in the US.

Aquamid has successfully completed safety and efficacy trials, but has not yet recieved fda approval.

In brief: Not in the US.

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Gregory Laurence
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Aquamid

Aquamid has promise, but it will be a long time before i will use it in my practice.
Since artefill has such an established safety record, it will be the long-term facial filler of choice. The only area on the face that I do not use artefill is the lips, and so aquamid might be a good choice there if it achieves fda approval. Remember that medical grade silicone (silikon 1000) is fda-approved for medical (not cosmetic) but it has a very long safety record for delicate and dependable use in the lips.

In brief: Aquamid

Dr. Gregory Laurence
Dr. Gregory Laurence
Dr. Jane Van Dis