Is acoustic wave therapy efficient for decreasing pain caused by shin splints in a running athlete? I am a 22-year-old male athlete. Recently, I developed shin splints due to running on asphalt. I have discontinued my training and let my legs rest for a f

Several Options... "shin splint" typically refers to pain on the front of the lower leg, . Pain in this area may come from medial tibial stress syndrome (mtss), stress fractures, or compartment syndrome. Identifying the underlying reason for your pain can then help with a specific plan of care. Treatments usually consist of rest, stretching, ice, massage, or orthotics. (drmarkgalland.Com).
Don't think so. Couldn't see all your question, but standard therapy for your problem is to reduce distance, cross train, shock absorbing insoles and running on more giving surfaces. I think i would try acoustic wave therapy only after failure of standard therapy and a study to ensure there is no stress fx..