Could a acne scar treatment cause discoloration to my facial skin? I am considering having dermabrasion done to help diminish my acne scars. A friend of mine told me that this type of acne scar treatment can cause the skin to become discolored. Is this tr

Depending. Depending on your skin type it is true that having dermabrasion can cause the skin to be discolored.
Scar. Scar dermabrasion does have a chance of leading to an increase or decrease in the pigmentation of the skin. The risk of this happening depends most on how pigmented the skin is to begin with. The darker the skin the higher the risk of this happening.