How long does it take to recover from breast augmentation surgery?

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 1-2 weeks.

Recovery varies by patient and implant placement technique, but usually takes 1-2 weeks.
You may be able to resume normal non-strenuous activity sooner.

In brief: 1-2 weeks.

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Samuel Rosenthal
Surgery on thrsday -dressing off on monday -to work BUT noheavy lifting or arm -vigourous activities for six weeks
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 4-6 weeks

My patients are very excited about their augmentation immediately.
Typically they have some post-operative discomfort which lasts 4-6 weeks. Narcotic pain medication is prescribed and typically utilized for the first week or so. I instruct my patients to let their body be their guide post-opertively and typically they are pain free without activity restrictions by six weeks.

In brief: 4-6 weeks

Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Payman Danielpour
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

The recovery after breast augmentation completely depends on the placement of the implants.
Depending on the location of the implants whether submuscular or not, the recovery is usually a bit longer for submuscular placement of implants. I tell my patients that a weekend is sufficient for rest after surfer. I use strict guidelines of no heavy lifting with the upper extremities for six weeks.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Payman Danielpour
Dr. Payman Danielpour
Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Most

Swelling gone 3-4 mos max usually 6-8 weeks.

In brief: Most

Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Barry Cohen
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Recovery

The discomfort from breast augmentation is dependent on the size of the implant you desire.
Larger implants...More discomfort...Longer recovery. On average, you should be able to get back to work within a few days (or even quicker with small implants). Six weeks before strenuous exercises. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html.

In brief: Recovery

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Recovery?

Although recovery differs from one patient to another, most patients are over the “hump” 2 to 4 days after breast augmentation surgery.
Most patients are able to return to a desk job within one week. Heavy lifting/strenuous activity may need to wait for 4 to 6 weeks. Best wishes.

In brief: Recovery?

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 3-10 days

About 3 days above the muscle and 7-10 days below the muscle.

In brief: 3-10 days

Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 1-2 weeks

You should take at least one week off from work for your breast augmentation.
You should not be lifting much of anything for the first two weeks. Many forms of exercise can be resumed at 4 weeks.

In brief: 1-2 weeks

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Variable time

Recovery is a variable that is patient dependent as well as surgical approach/implant placement dependent.
With artificial implants, this will vary from 1-2 weeks in most cases. In patient's augmented with their own fat tissue grafts, the recuperation is typically less than one week.

In brief: Variable time

Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Adam Levy