How long does it take to recover after hair transplant surgery?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Minimal Downtime
Although the recovery is mild, you will likely want to take some "social" downtime as the hair can have a somewhat crusty/scabby appearance for the first several days.
The newly transplanted hairs will go through a natural cycle before growing in to stay... This can take 3-6 months. Hope this helps!

In brief: Minimal Downtime
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Not only am I a Plastic Surgery BUT I have had 2 sessions of transplants in 10 years. Recovery for me was days to be back to operating!
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Quick recovery
Most people can perform normal daily activity the next day after hair transplantation.
Scabs will be present for 5-7 days. Exercise can be resumed in 5-7 days.

In brief: Quick recovery
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Brief Down Time
There is a relatively brief downtime for hair transplants particulary if the fue techniques are used and donor sites are minimized.
Grafts may take some time before demonstatiing hair growth.

In brief: Brief Down Time
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: 1 week
It is best to avoid over-exertion for the first week following hair transplantation.
This gives the newly placed hair units a chance to become accepted in the new location and gain circulation.

In brief: 1 week
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander