Why do I get very hot when my pottassium gets low? Burning up hot, leg feel hot but when you touch them they don;t. Like the heat is coming from inside out.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It

It is interesting that you are that perceptive of your potassium being low; most patients are not.
Classic symptoms of low potassium are weakness, cramping, or nausea. As you know, low potassium (hypokalemia) can be very serious and can cause problems with the heart rhythm in severe instances. Low potassium can be caused by low potassium intake in the diet, medications, and sometimes we don't know why patients have low potassium. If you think your potassium is low please have it checked medically.

In brief: It

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Peter Kurzweil