How to know if a skin growth is something to worry about or not? I have a small growth on my face just under my left eye. It started out looking like i was getting a pimple. I tried to "pop" the pimple but could not. It hurt while i was tring to "pop"

Dr. Neal Sher
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Don't pop it

Popping pimples can cause a serious infection and scarring.
If you have a skin growth, see you family doctor. Most growths are not serious.

In brief: Don't pop it

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: To

To be safe your best bet would be to visit your primary care doctor or a dermatologist.
It sounds like this may be a fibroma, cyst, or even a mole. It is very difficult to say without actually seeing the lesion in question. You may need a biopsy of the lesion to determine exactly what it is and the best course of action. The fact that your father has skin cancer is even more reason for you to be evaluated since certain types of skin cancer have a genetic component (most common being melanoma) so being evaluated is important regardless of wether or not your lesion looks like your father's. Good luck!

In brief: To