I've had my period last month, but not the month before. I didn't get it again. But when i had sex, i bleed quiet a bit. I've had my period last month, but not the month before. I didn't get it again. But when i had sex, i bleed quiet a bit. I am very act

Dr. Stephan Krotz
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Hi.

Hi. I would ask you to check a pregnancy test and confirm that you are not pregnant.
If you are not pregnant you may have a hormonal disorder causing the irregular cycles. You may consider seeing a reproductive endocrinologist or obgyn to have them evaluate your thyroid (tsh/t4), ovarian function (fsh), prolactin/pituitary function (prl) and your testosterone levels. All four of these things can cause irregular cycles. If they come up abnormal they can all be treated except for an abnormal fsh value. Taking birth control to get a normal cycle does not fix the underlying problem so i would ask to get a diagnosis first. In regards to the spotting after intercourse, you may also ask them to perform an ultrasound, especially a saline infusion ultrasound, to see if there is a polyp inside the uterus that is causing the bleeding. The ultrasound would also allow the physician to see if you have an ovarian cyst interfering with your cycles. You may also ask them to do a speculum exam to see if the surface of your cervix is irritated (friable) and do a pap smear to confirm the cells on the cervix are not abnormal. I hope all of this helps. ---stephan krotz, md---advanced fertility center of texas http://www.Facebook.Com/pages/dr-stephan-krotz/118121444927887 www.Infertilityanswers.Com.

In brief: Hi.

Dr. Stephan Krotz
Dr. Stephan Krotz
Dr. Jane Van Dis