Is picking my nose and eating my bugars bad? I have this thing where is pick my nose and eat what i get. Is that bad for me?

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Eating

Eating boogers is not harmful.
People normally make and swallow about a liter of mucus a day - the same mucus that makes up boogers. Nose picking can be harmful, however if you are not careful. Picking is the leading cause of nosebleeds and can also introduce foreign bacteria into the nasal cavity. The safest thing to do is to wash your hands and use a tissue.

In brief: Eating

Eating boogers is not harmful.
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: No physical harm

I agree with dr. Mcmullen.
Perhaps you have an oral fixation and feel soothed by ingesting your snot. On the other hand in western cultures, picking ones nose and eating the snot may give one the pleasure of doing something that is considered taboo but which is not ethically problematic. If you do it in public, others may react negatively. Ingestion of snot isn't harmful but overpicking can be.

In brief: No physical harm

I agree with dr. Mcmullen.
Dr. Marsha Davis