Discomfort in my saphenous vein area about 4 inches above my knee to my mid-calf. As of 2 weeks ago I have been experiencing discomfort in my left leg; it's medial to my knee going halfway down my calf ... It sort of follows the path of the saphenous vein

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Need full evaluation

The saphenous vein should not cause any symptoms unless it is clotted (superficial phlebitis).
If this was the case, it would be hard and tender. Your symptoms appear to be due to something else and could be orthopedic or neurologic. You should see a vein specialist for a full venous evaluation to rule out a clot, and then follow up with the appropriate physician if necessary.

In brief: Need full evaluation

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: The

The possibility of DVT is low but it should never be discarted.
The description sounds like a saphenous nerve distribution or possible an L4 radiculopathy. You are a young individual and absent injury or trauma I have a hard time giving you any concrete answer. These symptoms may improve spontaneously. If symptoms worsen or persists for another month or two seek care for this condition.

In brief: The

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Marsha Davis