Why does the top of my head itch when I eat something very spicy? When I eat something that has fresh chillies in it and it is very spicy, the top of my head sometimes itches. Why is that?

There. There are a few different explanations for this. One would be an allergic reaction to the chillies you are consuming. A reaction such as this could cause itching, however it would be strange only in your head, and would likely present in other areas of your body. After further research I found that there is a chemical called microptaprotomerase that is present in certain spicy foods, not sure if it is found in chillies though. This chemical is absorbed in your blood and eventually affects your hair follicles and accumulates on your scalp and causes itching. I invite other providers to add their input since there may be another explanation I am not aware of.