Prescription drug residue in semen? My boyfriend wants me to perform fellatio on him. He is on fluoxetine and clonazepam. If he comes in my mouth, and i swallow, should I be worried about those drugs being present in his semen, and entering my body?

Dr. Bruce Weisbrot
Dentistry

In brief: I would not think so

These drugs are metabolized either in the kidneys or liver and the remnants would be eliminated either in his urine or bowel movements.
There is no way that you would find the whole drug present in the semen.

In brief: I would not think so

Dr. Bruce Weisbrot
Dr. Bruce Weisbrot

In brief: Interesting question

It is known that small amounts of drugs can get into semen because of small electrical charges they carry, before being broken down.
But the total concentration is equal, at most, to the volume of semen divided by the volume of the body! and in reality it's only a tiny fraction of that already tiny amount. Only certain drugs that very powerfully interfere with a new embryo are a concern.

In brief: Interesting question

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Jeffrey Satinover
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: No,

No, this will not be dangerous or cause problems for you.
If any medication was present it would be only a tiny amount and would not cause damage or concern for you.

In brief: No,

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham