Do I need to go see an eye doctor? This morning a blood vessel in my left eye broke/burst. The white of my eye is completely read except for the portion above the iris. It really was quite painful this morning, so I took two advil. There is less pain t

Pain unusual. I agree that this most likely represents a subconjunctival hemorrhage, but the pain is quite unusual. If the bleed is severe enough, it could cause such a raised surface that the eye becomes dry in that area. It is best to see an eye md for an evaluation.
Your . Your description suggests a subconjunctival hemorrhage with is typically benign and can occur as a result of eye rubbing. This will typically resolve in 1 week without long-term consequence. Eye redness however can be due to other causes, and an examination is necessary for an accurate diagnosis. Pain associated with a subconjunctival hemorrhage also is unusual. I recommend you see an ophthalmologist for an evaluation.
Depends. It sounds like you are describing a subconjunctival hemorrhage. This is a benign condition. It occurs with sneezing, rubbing eyes, being on Aspirin (or advil) or other blood thinners. If your vision is fine and no eye pain, this is ok. Otherwise, should have it checked out.