Is GERD a serious disease? My daughter is 3years old. Lately shes been vomiting and having diarea. I took her to the emergency not to long ago and she was diagnose with gastroesophageal reflux disease. She was under medication for dehydration and she was

Maybe,maybe not. We generally describe gerd as the return of stomach contents into the esophagus to the degree that heartburn, fussiness or weight loss develops. Since a dry burp has the same mechanics, it is not much of a stretch to say all kids have some reflux, but only some of them symptoms. It can be transient as part of a gut virus, or longer term.I find mild disease common but significant disease rare.
The . The most common symptoms of gastro esophageal reflux in infants and children are: • frequent or recurrent vomiting. • frequent or persistent cough or wheezing. • refusing to eat or difficulty eating and swallowing gagging with feeding). • heartburn, gas, abdominal pain, or episodes offrequent crying and fussiness. Certain dietary triggers also may contribute to gerd, including such as overeating and drinking carbonated beverages. Your daughter’s diagnosis gerd may also be caused by a gastrointestinal virus that is causing her symptoms of both vomiting and diarrhea. Please follow up with her primary care physician for a more detailed assessment of her symptom history and her growth.