Hpv if the girl is psitive for HPV does that mean im positive also? An she knows she has it but is still sleeping with everyone, not caring about spreading it, isnt there a law about spreading stuff like that?

Dr. Carolyn Messere
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Safe sex

I would highly recommend that you always practice safe sex.
A condom is not complete protection against hpv, but it is helpful. You may have been exposed to hpv with this girl or with someone else. You yourself may be spreading hpv if not using a condom. If you are under 26, you can get the hpv vaccine, which protects against 4 (but not all) of the cancer-causing hpv viruses.

In brief: Safe sex

Dr. Carolyn Messere
Dr. Carolyn Messere
Dr. Martin Raff
In addition, anybody who has had multiple sexual partners and has one STD has the potential to have several others. Go and get tested, and protect yourself in the future. You could also do society a big favor if you could talk some sense into this woman.
Dr. Juan Castillo-Plaza
General Practice

In brief: HPV

Hpv covers over 100 different types.
Some are cancer related; most are not. Men affected with hpv dont' have the risk for cancer, as women do with cancer of cervix and vagina. An extremly large population among youngters and teenagers are positive for hpv and the effects and possible consequences can be arrested.Today we have a vaccine to prevent situations like this and girls need to learn that. Once a woman is "hpv positive" the person needs to continue further testing and care with a gynecoligist. With regards to your concern if you could be positive, I have no way to know. Watch close the way you practice sex. Be smart and respectful to others and, specially, to yourself.

In brief: HPV

Hpv covers over 100 different types.
Dr. Juan Castillo-Plaza
Dr. Juan Castillo-Plaza
Dr. Cindy Juster