What could cause pain in my anus? When I stand up or when I am sitting and a I sneeze, I feel pain. After I sit for a while and I stand up, the process hurts my anus. When I sneeze while sitting, my anus hurts. It doesn't hurt if I am already standing.

There . There are several possibilities. An anal fissure is a small crack that develops at the rectum (much like happens at the corners of our lips), and can be very painful. Another possibility is a hemorrhoid. Infections can occur in the rectal area also. The only way to know for sure is to have an evaluation by your physician where he examines the area. This is important because you need to have a definite diagnosis, especially as this has been going on for six weeks.
There . There could be 2 separate issues going on: 1) you may be having a hemmorhoid or anal fissure - which is a small cut/lesion in your anal area, it can be very painful, especially when you are trying to push during bowel movement. Very often, you will see a little blood on a toilet tissue after you wipe yourself. 2) this may be related to a completely separate problem - such as herniated disc. It the herniated disc is located very low in your spine, you may have a painful sensation in your rectum during activities that increase pressure on your spine, such as sneezing, having a bowel movement or pushing. The best thing to do is to see your doctor for a complete examination.