How long is the recovery from a lisfranc injury? 18 months ago i suffered a lisfranc injury. I had surgery the 10th day (had to wait for the swelling to go down some) and have 2 plates and screws installed. I have lost my arch, and my foot doesn't look l

Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: A serrious injury

A lot of nfl players get them, santoio holms, cedrick benson texans 1/4 back.
They r often missed or surgery delayed 4 a long time. U were lucky 2 have it licked up and treated.18 mos. Is a long time, but if the trauma was severe enough, arthritic changes r possible. C ur surgeon.

In brief: A serrious injury

Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle

In brief: Lis francs

18 months is too long of a recovery please get an xray and a consult to determine if the hardware needs to be removed and/or a lis francs fusion needs to be performed.

In brief: Lis francs

Dr. Steven Bernstein
Dr. Steven Bernstein
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: See your surgeon

You may need a follow up appointment with your surgeon for an evaluation of your current symptoms.
Lis franc injuries can be difficult to over come. Seeing your surgeon will determine if this is still due to that injury or a new condition. Best of luck!

In brief: See your surgeon

Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Your

Your foot should be doing a lot better. The loss of the arch means there could be other associated problems.
I would have follow up x-rays and probably and MRI to define the situation further.

In brief: Your

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine