What to do for lumbar strain I have a very painful lumbar strain going on two weeks now. My dr refuses to refill my pain killers and I need them. What do I do? Do pain management drs take insurance? I need to ease my pain but drs are very hesitant to give

Typically, . Typically, an acute lumbar strain will improve with time and appropriate stretching and physical therapy. Often ice and/or heat will be of benefit, as well. Your post doesn't detail how you were injured or any of the symptoms you are experiencing specific to your problem. I would start by seeing your primary care doctor, reviewing your situation and coming up in a collaborative way a treatment strategy for you to follow. The first step will be to confirm whether or not the actual diagnosis is a lumbar strain versus other pathology such as a compression fracture, disc herniation and so forth. Good luck!