Do women sometimes gain weight after breast augmentation?

Dr. Clark Schierle
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Breast Implant Info
Initially you will retain some fluid and swelling from the surgery.
Once this has subsided you should be close to your original weight unless your diet and exercise patterns change significantly.

In brief: Breast Implant Info
Dr. Clark Schierle
Dr. Clark Schierle
Dr. Robert Stroup
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Sometimes
As with any person at any time, a woman who has had breast augmentation can gain weight, lose weight, or stay the same.
This has nothing to do with the procedure. It has everything to do with lifestyle, eating habits, exercise, etc.

In brief: Sometimes
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. Robert Stroup
Dr. David Yan
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: No real association
There isn't a well-defined association between weight loss or gain and someone having a breast augmentation.

In brief: No real association
Dr. David Yan
Dr. David Yan
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Weight of implants
You will add the weight of the implants :).

In brief: Weight of implants
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. ELizabeth Kinsley
Dr. William Adams
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Wt gain and augment
There is no reason that you would have permanent weight gain after breast augmentation.
The implants can each weigh 1/2 pound to 2 pounds. This is the only absoluely weight that you should gain.

In brief: Wt gain and augment
Dr. William Adams
Dr. William Adams
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Breast implant weigh
This is an interesting question.
Obviously you will gain the weight of the implants. (1000cc =2.2lbs). However, I have commonly heard my patients report that have have gained 5 pounds event though their implants cumulatively weigh less than 2 lbs (in the average 350cc augmentation). I cannot immediately answer this other than to say that there may be some edema (swelling) or fluid retention.

In brief: Breast implant weigh
This is an interesting question.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery
Usually due to water retention or decreased exercise, but usually temporary.
Increased self esteem more often leads to more sticking to exercise & diet control and weight loss.

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Alan Chen
Surgery - Plastics
Gaining weight has little or nothing to do with breast augmentation.
Likewise a woman can lose weight after breast augmentation.

Dr. Alan Chen
Dr. Alan Chen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham