Im pregnant and I have a little bit of pain in the lower part of my stomach is that normal I've had a little bit of pain in the bottom of my stomach and im almost 5 months pregnant i wasnt sure if I should be concerned or not... What should I do?

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: I

I have a very low threshold for pain in any pregnant patient, and so should you.
What i mean is don't ignore it or think it's nothing. You should always call your OB or family doctor if you are having any pain during your pregnancy. Lower abdominal pain at your stage of pregnancy can be a lot of things. You could be dealing with a uti(urinary tract infection), round ligament pain(common in pregnancy) it could be the baby's position, placental issues can present with lower abdominal pain, but usually bleeding as well. There are also many other possibilities. The bottom line is your doctor should be alerted and then a decision can be made on the next course of action. Remember if you are told it's probably nothing don't worry about, be your own advocate. If your pain worsens or you are uncomfortable with the advice and are concerned go to the er or OB triage.Remember you have to protect yourself and your unborn fetus. Best of luck to you.

In brief: I

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis