Is this normal during migraines? I've been getting migraines my whole life and during really bad painful ones I have trouble speaking and my vision goes blurry. It is fine once the migraine is over but it only happens during the extra painful ones. Is thi

Dr. Gary Lederman
Dentistry

In brief: Typical

Each persons has unique triggers and migraine symptoms.
Blurred vision and speech are common.

In brief: Typical

Blurred vision and speech are common.
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Yes,

Yes, many people who experience severe migraines may have visual disturbances and trouble finding words.
However, severe headache and slurred speech are also symptoms of stroke. If at anytime you believe that you are experiencing a stroke, call 911. It is prudent to let your doctor know about any new symptoms you are experiencing, so make sure you report these symptoms. You will also want to report if you notice an increase is the number of migraines you are experiencing per week or month.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Eric Weisman