Can exercise hurt your chances of getting pregnant? I am slightly overweight and I have to work out an hour a day six days a week to even start losing inches not pounds. I have heard that over heating your body could hurt your chances of getting pregnant

Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: See your

Gyn, but that sounds ok to me, unless you are working out verry hard www.
Thepmc.Org.

In brief: See your

Thepmc.Org.
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Research

Research shows that moderate exercise to heavy exercise will not adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant.
Moderate exercise can be described as exercise and heavy breathing with the ability to have a conversation. Heavy exercise - exercise and heavy breathing with ability to have a conversation, but would rather not speak due to the hard work. If you are having a regular period with your new exercise routine, then you are ovulating, and should be able to get pregnant. If your exercise routine has changed your menstrual cycle or cause you to skip a period, then think about taking it down a notch. Also, staying active during your pregnancy will help you be healthier and has been known to promote better rest, decrease nausea, have more energy and a healthier labor. Keep up the good work, as long as you are still having regular periods.

In brief: Research

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine