I am just curious what causes you not to ovulate? I have been taking the ovulation test and they turn out positive. I then go to the doctor and they take blood and tell me I am not ovulating. I am just curious does this mean i can't get pregnant.

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Ovulation Test

The over the counter ovulation tests often test for a hormone that is secreted to stimulate the ovulation process.
(Luteinizing hormone). The blood tests measure progesterone the hormone that is produced AFTER ovulation. A Fertility GYN MD can perform an evaluation on the suitability of all phases of the conception process including tubal patency (open or not) and sperm analysis.

In brief: Ovulation Test

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This is a very tricky situation.
The reason i say this is because if the blood test is not done at a specific time during your cycle (midpoint) then it is very difficult to determine if you are ovulating or not. I f you are performing the ovulation kit as directed and if it's showing a positive result then you are likey ovulating and you should have intercourse on that day and the next. Infertility is usually diagnosed after one year of failed attempts at becoming pregnant. After one year you can seek the help of a doctor who will help you determine the cause of your infertility and give you treatment options. Try to relax and continue to use home ovulation kits as you like, and hopefully you will be pregnant soon.

In brief: This

This is a very tricky situation.
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Ralph Boling
Decrease, bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, and sugar, to increase chance of regular ovulation
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham