Hiv can you get HIV from dirty toliet water? If not can you catch anything else by dirty toilet water.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Unlikely

It is potentially possible but rarely if ever reported.
I suspect that the chlorinated water may play a role in keeping the germs down. Even if the water is contaminated, it is not ingested and thus the risk of getting infection from toilet water is unlikely although esthetically repulsive.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: HIV

Hiv (human immubodefiency virus) can not be contracted from dirty toilet ater. Hiv is contracted from exchange of bodily fluids, mainly during sex (oral, anal, and vaginal) it can also be transmitted by needles (i.
e. Sharing needles while abusing drugs, accidental needle sticks in health care settings) there is mother to child transmission, namely during a vaginal delivery, or through infected breast milk. Blood transfusions were a common mode of transmission in the 70's and 80's, this is no longer an issue in the us since all blood products are now tested. As far as your question about dirty toilet water. A few things come to mind, you should be concerned about hepatits a, the common cold (likely rhinovirus) salmonella and e.Coli which cause diarrheal illness, some std's like crabs can linger on the actual seats. I would recommend if you are faced with a dirty toilet, find another one or use a few standard toilet protectors if you have no other choice.

In brief: HIV

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Peter Kurzweil