Nerve damage, what should he do? My husband had the main nerve in his right arm removed because he suffered a near fatal gun shot wound to his chest. He has limited mobility in his right hand, as he can not write, tie his shoes, button a shirt and anythin

Nerve Repair. Your discription indicates an injury to the lower trunk of the brachial plexus which contributes to the ulnar nerve that controls the hand. The timing from the injury is key as the optimal time for nerve repair is within the first 4 months. Grafts can be placed across the nerve resection site. If it has been longer than 6 months, the potential for nerve regeneration with any technique is bleak.
I . I am very sorry to hear of his problem. There are problems that can develop if left untreated such as contractures or complex regional pain syndrome (crps). He will require aggressive physical therapy and his ability to tolerate the therapy will determine what other treatment he will require.