Is chiropractic care safe for "whiplash" injury during pregnancy i was a passenger in a car that was rear-ended at a stoplight. Two days later at my doctor's exam where i complained of neck, back & shoulder tightness and pain i was given a pregnancy test

You need to get chiropractic advice for the whiplash.
It can also benefit you as you'll be aligned while pregnant. During the pregnancy your body will change dramatically and your alignment will change.

Dr. Marvin Pantangco
Dr. Marvin Pantangco
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: Chiropractic

Chiropractic care is safe and often effective for various pains during pregnancy.
If you have found one that works with pregnant women, hang on to him/her. Chiropractic care may not be recommended by your ob/gyn because of lack of understanding of the underlying principles. ( i really don't understand it but i'm not a chiropractor). Other reasons are liability concerns particularly because we don't understand chiropractic. In my office I am ok with chiropractic and will even suggest to women that they may seek chiropractic care when other treatments aren't working, say for example sciatica or back pain in pregnancy. It is difficult, however, to recommend a specific chiropractor. Good luck, i hope you feel better.

In brief: Chiropractic

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine