How do I get rid of persistan ear itch... When i moved to nc i began having a heat rash. Soon after my ears began to itch so bad that I have to sleep with pen tops next to bed. I have them in my car and all over the house. Is there anything i can do for r

Dr. Ratna Dhingra

In brief: Wax/dryness

get some mineral oil and drop 3-4 drops every night in each ear--no q tips

In brief: Wax/dryness

Dr. Ratna Dhingra
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Swimmers ear?

Itchy ears speak more for an infection of the outer ear canal.
Try using 4-5 drops of white vinegar in both ears 4 times daily for one week. If you get no relief see an ENT doctor.

In brief: Swimmers ear?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Ear

Ear allergies are very common, especially among people with allergies or sinus problems, since moving to a new climate (north carolina) you may be experiencing one of these problems that have caused you ear symptoms.
I am concerned that your itching may have gone beyond an allergy and has progressed into something more worrisome, namely an ear infection. In this case you need to be seen by a doctor and be treated asap. I suggest you find free or low cost clinics in your area and schedule an appointment right away. In the meantime you can use a daily other the counter (otc) allergy medicine like Claritin or allegra. Also otc Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can be used for itching on a more frequent basis. I hope this helps. Good luck!

In brief: Ear

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson