I am not having my period past 1 year after I took Depo-Provera provera. Is ther any health problem with me? My boobs are always big and hurting a little bit. Is there anything to be concerned about? Otherwise I feel glad about the big boobs.

One. One of the most common side effects of Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) is ammenorrhea, which is absence of menstrual bleeding. This occurs in about half of women using this form of birth control, and does not likely indicate that you have any underlying medical problems. Since Depo-Provera is given approximately every 3 months, this is a good time to discuss the side effects you are having with your medical provider. During your visit any appropriate work up or counselling should be done. As far as breast tenderness and enlargement is concerned, that is also a common side effect of Depo-Provera provera. It is important to note that you should still have your yearly pap and breast exam, or be seen by your physician if you feel any abnormalities in your breasts.