Post liposuction severe swelling, diet i had my abs and flanks done and I am very swollen a fews days post surgery. I expected swelling but I am so much so I am worried about taking off the compression garment b/c i don't know if it will get back on. I

Dr. Humberto Palladino
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Use your garment

Swelling is normal.
Some times is quite severe but usually resolves. You should wear your garment as much as possible for the first two weeks. If it is too uncomfortable get the next size up but remember that once your swelling goes down you might need the other one.

In brief: Use your garment

Swelling is normal.
Dr. Humberto Palladino
Dr. Humberto Palladino
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Significant swelling after liposuction is typical. This can last for several months, but should decrease starting after one week. Daily use of a compression garment is essential for at least six weeks.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: See your surgeon

Swelling is part of the process.
This is why you need to keep the compressive garment on at all times to minimize it. However, your surgeon is the best person to ask this question from

In brief: See your surgeon

Swelling is part of the process.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Swelling post lipo

Swelling is normal.
Just leave the garment on and you can shower with it and then just blow dry it. You may want to ask your doctor for a diuretic or possibly a Medrol (methylprednisolone) dosepak.

In brief: Swelling post lipo

Swelling is normal.
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: If

If you are only a few days post op, then some swelling is to be expected.
As your body heals, it is crucial that you eat a nutritious diet, or your wound healing can be delayed. It is prudent for you to call your doctor to advise that you are experiencing a lot of swelling and to get advise about your diet. Ambulating and drinking a lot of water can help. You need to report this swelling to you doctor to ensure this is not an infection.

In brief: If

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge