What does an abnormal pap really mean? Should i request another? I have been have issues for the last 10 years with ovarian ruptures and the last 6 months I have been having some horrible cramping when it is not time for my menstral cycle. Does this hav

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: It

It could have something to do with an abnormal pap smear.
Abnormal pap smears indicate that there are abnormal cells detected on the cervix (which can spread or maybe a sign of hpv) doctors typically want to repeat an abnormal pap smear in 6 months. Since you have had horrible cramping, it is crucial you get this checked out. Pelvic cramping can be a sign of an infection, endometriosis, pelvic infammatory disease, etc. See a doctor.

In brief: It

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham