Will a person die if they have a bladder infection for 5 months? I've had what I think is a bladder infection for 5 months now and I'm just wondering what the consequences of leaving it un-treated could be?

First . First and foremost, i strongly urge you to visit your primary care provider if you are having symptoms of a bladder or urinary tract infection (uti). If in fact you do have a uti, it can spread to your kidneys and cause a more serious condition called pyelonephritis. Once this occurs there is a chance that the infection in your kidneys can spread to your blood stream, which is called sepsis. This is a life threatening condition and can result in death if not treated. So the bottom line is UTI or bladder infections need to be treated, and if left untreated can lead to an unfavorable outcome.