What can cause stomach cramps? For the last two days, I have been getting sharp pains in my stomach about a half hour after i eat anything. This is very painful, and i would love to know what might be causing these stomach cramps.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: If

If you are experiencing sharp pains in your stomach after eating you should be evaluated by your doctor right away.
Stomach pain or cramps can mean many different things. You may be dealing with a stomach ulcer, gastritis, lactose intolerance, food allergy, irritable bowel , amongst many other things. You can expect your doctor to perform blood, urine, and stool tests depending on the exact nature of your problem. Remember this is not normal and should be investigated and treated right away. Good luck!

In brief: If

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine