Can you get a tummy tuck if you have von willebrand disease?

Dr. Michael Beckenstein
Surgery - Plastics

Depending on the severity of the disorder will dictate if it is safe to proceed.
How your coagulation profile responds to administration of dictates the effectiveness of treatment and safety of surgery. The costs of preventative treatment is very highland has risks as well, asking the decision to proceed with elective, cosmetic surgery more complex!

Dr. Michael Beckenstein
Dr. Michael Beckenstein
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Probably

I would get you cleared by your hematologist first to limit the risk and get guidance.
Bleeding issues should be minimized beforehand.

In brief: Probably

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hemophilia & tummy

In my opinion, i would only consider this after a full consultation with your hematologist.
It may not be worth the risk. Von willebrand's disease can vary in it's severity. Elective surgery can be planned and medications provided to minimize the potential for bleeding. However, surgery should be planned with the possibility that bleeding may occur and require additional treatment.

In brief: Hemophilia & tummy

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: Sometimes

If prepped and cleared by hematologist.

In brief: Sometimes

If prepped and cleared by hematologist.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Timothy King
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

Von willebrand disease is not an absolute contraindication to tummy tuck surgery.
However, it does increase your risk for complications. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who could discuss the issue with you and help you determine the best course of treatment for you.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery