What kind of life expectancy will a child diagnosed with lupus have? Also, what will be the quality of life in the mid to end stage?

Very treatable. Lupus is a very treatable disease and does not have to necessarily reduce life expectancy or quality of life. People with lupus should be followed by a rheumatologist life long.
Lupus . Lupus is an extremely variable disease. The prognosis in kids depends on the severity of internal organ involvement and success of treatment. Children with significant kidney or other organ involvement usually require more aggressive therapy than kids that just have mild arthritis and a rash. The good news is that most kids with lupus live well into adulthood and with research and treatment, the odds are getting better and better. The bad news is that no one can predict long-term how an individual child will do since lupus itself is so wildly unpredictable. Research has shown that there are a few things you can do to make the child's outcome the best it can be: - take all medicines as directed - follow instructions about avoiding too much sun - have blood and urine tests performed when asked to do them - keep scheduled doctor's appointments legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.