My son wakes up every night ina terrified state what do I need to do for the last seven nights my 7 year old wakes up around the same time crying and acting as though he was scared to death he says things that don't make since, snores with his eyes wide o

Night terrors 7 yr p. Night terrors although are not common are not unheard of in this age group. U need to monitor his day time activites and avoid circumstances he gets upset in, night terrors are usually what the brain plays out from the daytime occurrances. If this does nto help u should see a neurologist.
See a neurologist. This is not normal. I am aware of rare instances of types of epilepsy that can cause things like this in a child. It would take extreme testing by a pediatric neurologist to screen for this disorder.
This. This sounds a lot like night terrors. Night terrors or sleep terrors are most commonly found in kids between the ages of 4 years to 12 years old. They can involve: -sitting up in bed -screaming -thrashing about or flailing -being difficult to wake up -inconsolable -sleep walking -a wide-eyed stare -sweating, heavy breathing, and fast heartbeat unlike a nightmare, the children typically have no memory of the episode. The good news is that most kids grow out of it by the time they hit adolescence. Here are a few tips to help him (and you!) cope with the current situation: -if he's sleepwalking or getting up, make the environment safe (close doors, hide electrical cords, lock windows, etc. -try to have him get more sleep since fatigue can make sleep terrors worse -establish a regular, quiet, calming routine before bed -see if anything is stressing your child out and talk about it - stress and anxiety can make sleep terrors worse -look for a pattern - if he's getting up at the same time every night, try waking him up 15 minutes before the episode to break the pattern if the terrors are worsening, becoming more frequent, are effecting his and your ability to function during the day, or if you think he could be a danger to himself, contact his doctor. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.