Are drugs prescribed for long-term pain management addictive? I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I'm a little worried that i'll end up addicted to whatever pain medication the doctor puts me on.

I agree with the . Previous answer. I would add that being dependant and being addicted are different. Addiction is consumption of drugs in a pattern that makes life worse. You can ge dependant on meds while they make life better. Insomnia improvement is key, do u clinch teeth at night? Tramadol is a partial opiod stimulator that builds up brain transmitters and decrease pain. You should b able 2 tx w/o ful opiod.
It Depends. Treatment of chronic musculoskeletal pain with narcotics is generally not advised, however, there are other medications used to treat fibromyalgia which can be helpful and are not addictive.
Addiction . Addiction is always a potential risk with any opioid medication (i.e. Hydrocodone, tramadol, oxycodone, et cetera). That said, each person's risk of addiction is variable, depending on a number of factors, including any past drug or alcohol abuse, prior problems with prescription medications and family history of addiction (this would only be a partial list). I would highly suggest you discuss your concerns with your prescribing doctor. Good luck!