What could my night wrist pain be? I have pain in my wrist that i only experience while sleeping (it wakes me) but i feel wrist stiffness throughout the entire day. I'm 23 years old and in good health. What could this be?

Dr. Matthew Welsch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Likely carpal tunnel

Night time pain in the wrist and hands can be caused by many things, but carpal tunnel symptoms are commonly more prominent at night.
Best to be evaluated by an orthopaedic or hand specialist.

In brief: Likely carpal tunnel

Dr. Matthew Welsch
Dr. Matthew Welsch
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This sounds possibly like a condition called carpal tunnel syndrome.
There is a nerve that runs through your wrist called the median nerve. When the tendons and ligaments around the nerve become inflammed or compressed they can press on this nerve and cause pain in the wrist and/or hand. This condition is common in people who use their hands frquently throughout the day( i.E musicians, mechanics, people who write or use computers frquently etc.) through a history a directed physical your doctor will be able to diagnose this or another problem and provide appropriate treatment. In the meantime you can buy a wrist splint and wear it at night while sleeping, take over the counter anti-inflammatory medications, and stretching your wrist in the morning before getting out of bed. Good luck!

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine