Can I get a hernia repair and tummy tuck at the same time?

Hernia & tummy tuck. The answer depends on the type of hernia. Both ventral and umbilical hernias can be, and frequently are, addressed during a tummy tuck. If your plastic surgeon prefers, she or he may have a general surgeon perform the hernia repair during the tummy tuck.
Yes. I will repair incisional and umbilical hernias at the time of tummy tuck. For more complex issues i will ask a general surgeon to address hernia at the time of tummy tuck.
Agree with others. If i can determine there is a hernia before surgery i will recommend a general surgeon repair it at the time of the tummy tuck. If a small one i'd found incidentally at the time of surgery i usually repair it when tightening the muscle.
Yes, tummy & hernia. A tummy tuck and hernia repair can be performed simultaneously. However the severity of the hernia will dictate the type of repair that may be required or recommended including the possible use of mesh repair. In more advanced forms, it is not unusual to have a general surgeon repair the hernia.
Yes. An incisional or ventral hernia repair can be done at the same time as a tummy tuck. In some cases, some insurance company will actually cover the tummy tuck when there's a ventral or incisional hernia present.
Yes. It is not uncommon to have an umbilical hernia that needs repair at the same time as a tummy tuck. Some plastic surgeons feel comfortable repairing the hernia themselves and some prefer a general surgeon to repair the hernia. Discuss you specific situation with your board certified plastic surgeon so she/he can come up with the best treatment plan for you.