Can hair be transplanted into the eyebrow region to fill in or replace lost eyebrow hair?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes but other option

Yes this is certainly an option depending on the condition causing the hair loss.
Scarring may require transplants. However, for conditions due to excessive plucking, I have seen good results with the off label use of Latisse (bimatoprost) to restore hair follicle growth. This may be associated with darkening of the skin.

In brief: Yes but other option

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

Hair can be transplanted from the low back of the scalp into the eyebrows.
This is a common procedure.

This is a common procedure.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

But you may want to try off-label use of Latisse (bimatoprost) eye-lash medicine.
I have seen patients in my practice benefit from using Latisse (bimatoprost) on the eyebrows to get fuller, thicker eyebrows. Consult with an md - as it is off-label use of this product and by rx only.

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

Yes but color, texture and pattern difficult to match.

Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Surgery - Plastics

Hair can be harvested from your scalp and transplanted to your brow area to replace eyebrow hairs lost to trauma, hirmone related loss or too over aggressive plucking.
This is a very tedious process, but it produces natural, lasting results.

Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Patrick Schaner
Dr. Timothy King
Surgery - Plastics

Hair can be transplanted from the back of the scalp to the eyebrow area.
However, unlike eyebrow hair which stops growing once it has reached a specific length, this hair will continue to grow and will need to be cut to the length of eyebrow hair.

Dr. Timothy King
Dr. Timothy King